Inside the BCA
Date Published: 2013-09-19
Summary: VACANCY: Post of Chief Executive Officer
VACANCY: Post of Chief Executive Officer
VACANCY: POST OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) is responsible for managing cricket in Barbados in accordance with the provisions of the Barbados Cricket Association Act, 1933-12.
The Association is now seeking to recruit an individual to fill the post of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful applicant will report to the Board of Management of the BCA.
• The CEO will be responsible for the general management of the operations of the BCA, which includes its human resource development, cricket development, operations, financial management and marketing in an efficient and effective manner.
• The CEO will be required to provide leadership, along with the Board of Management, in the implementation of the BCA Strategic Plan.
The duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
• Giving leadership and direction to the Secretariat of the BCA and to other staff of the Association.
• Management of the various cricket competitions played under the auspices of the BCA.
• Coordination of and attendance at annual general meetings, special/extraordinary general meetings and meetings of the Board of Management of the Association.
• Implementing board policy and directives.
• Reporting the Secretariat’s activities to the Board.
• Management of the relationship of the Association with its members.
• Implementation and management of a development plan for cricket and for the member clubs of the BCA.
• Coordination with the management of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) of the arrangements for regional tournaments, test matches and one-day international competitions played in Barbados.
• Responsibility for the maintenance of effective collaborative relations with Governmental agencies as well as regional and international cricket bodies.
• Ensuring that relationships with sponsors and donors are well managed.
• Ensuring that marketing, public relations and fund raising activities are well managed.
• Staff management - day to day.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / ABILITIES FOR THE POST
The ideal candidate should have:
• A degree from a recognized university.
• At least 5 years experience in a senior management position.
• A post graduate qualification in management or business administration or related subject would be an asset.
• Strong leadership skills and project and financial management competencies.
• Proficiency in the use of contemporary computer based applications would be an asset.
• A keen interest in cricket would be an asset.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to build strong interpersonal and inter – organizational relationships.
• The ability to work independently and organize work to meet stringent deadlines.
An excellent remuneration package including a fully maintained vehicle will be offered and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested persons with the required qualifications, skills and experience are invited to submit their applications with a recent resume and three (3) references not later than October 15, 2013 to:
Human Resources Committee
Barbados Cricket Association
UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
CLICK HERE FOR A DOWNLOADABLE PDF COPY